Computer and Internet Use Policy
COMPUTER AND INTERNET USE POLICY
1. Access to the Internet is FREE to Erath County users.
2. An Internet Agreement Form must be filled out on first visit, thereby, accepting responsibility for the equipment and your actions while being used.
3. Children under 18 must have signature of parent.
4. Children under 12 must have parent/legal guardian remain with them during computer use.
5. User must have a valid driver’s license/ ID.
6. Users will be limited to 1 hour.
7. Library staff will assist users in accessing the Internet, but cannot provide in-depth personal training.
8. Cost of printing is 25 cents a page for a black and white copy and $1.00 for a color copy. Customers are responsible for any and all printing.
9. Computers will not be available 15 minutes before closing.
RESTRICTIONS: UNACCEPTABLE USE
a) Viewing or sending of text or graphic pornography, sexually explicit, or inappropriate materials.
b) No hacking or spreading computer viruses.
c) Harassing others/Not respecting privacy of others, talking, etc.
d) Installing personal software or using personal floppy disks.
e) Gambling or illegal activities.
f) Unauthorized copying, violating software agreements, security passwords, copyright violations or wasting resources (including printing without paying).
g) Damaging equipment, software or data belonging to the library.
h) Use of sounds and visuals which might disrupt others.
i) Only one person to computer.
THE LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE INTERNET ACCESS PRIVILEGES TO ANY PERSON ABUSING THESE PRINCIPLES.
Users of all ages should be aware that the Internet contains materials that are controversial, offensive, obscene, inaccurate, or illegal. The library cannot monitor Internet use nor can it control the content of materials that users find on the Internet. Parents wishing to control the materials to which their children are exposed are expected to provide sufficient supervision of their children to accomplish this.