Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I obtain a library card?
Library cards are free! You must be 18 or older and have a valid driver's license or ID that has your correct address on it. We also require one piece of mail as proof of address.
2. What if I just moved here and my driver's license or ID doesn't have the correct address on it?
Then we need two pieces of mail as proof of address.
3. Do I have to have a library card to use the Internet?
No, a card is not required to use the Internet. Although Internet users must fill out an application and show their drivers license or ID to create a computer user only account.
4. What is the cost of copies?
Color copies are $1.00 and black and white copies are 25 cents each.
5. How much does it cost to fax?
A fax, whether sending or receiving is $1.00 per page.
6. Can I scan old photos or documents at the library?
Yes, there is a 25 cent fee per scan.
7. How do I renew books?
Books can be renewed either over the phone or through our website. Call the library if you need assistance.
8. Can I return books and DVDs after hours?
Yes, place items in the green book drop located in the parking lot.
9. What do I do if I have fines from late books, how much will it cost?
Fines are 25 cents per day for books and $1 a day for DVDs and games.
10. What Is an Interlibrary Loan?
An Interlibrary Loan is borrowing library materials from another library. Requirements are to have a valid Dublin Public Library card for at least 3 months and have no current fines. Items are loaned for 4 weeks and usually take 1-2 weeks to come in. This is a free service, unless a book is turned in late. Then the fine is $1.00 per day it's late. Loans can usually be renewed once.
11. What do I do if I get home and an item is damaged?
Call the library immediately and let them know, so you will not be charged for any damages.